So recently it seems that Kale Chips have been everywhere. I’d seen them on a few different cooking shows and then saw that they had some of them prepackaged at the store in the organic sections. After being bombarded by them, I wanted to try and make them myself. The thing was that in my memory I could not remember ever trying kale, so I was not even sure if I liked kale. I took a chance and bought a bunch while at the grocery store last weekend.
1 bunch of Kale
Olive Oil Cooking Spray (optional)
Plus – any additional flavorings you like
- Preheat the oven to 275* F.
- Wash and towel dry the kale.
- Cut the leafy part away from the stalk.
- Then tear the kale into large chip size pieces. Remember that anything that is dehydrated will shrink so the finished chip will be about half the size or less of the starting point so think larger.
- Spread out the kale over a baking sheet.
- Mist with spray if desired and season on both sides
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until crisp.
**Note: That I was only making on portion for my lunch so it is only 2 stalks of kale. You can over crowd the kale and do the entire bunch if you want to make more than one serving.**
After baking it shrinks a lot!