2 c Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 c Turbinado (Raw) Sugar
3 tbsp Coconut Oil (or olive)
2 Eggs Substitute*
1/2 c Soy Yogurt or Unsweetened Apple Sauce
3 Large Ripe Bananas
1 tbsp Apple Cidar Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Optional: 1/2 c walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cream the sugar, yogurt and oil in a large bowl until smooth and slightly fluff.
- Add in “egg” and beating until combined.
- Then add the banana, vinegar, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Lastly, add in flour mixture 1/2 a cup at a time, and beat until just combined. **Note: over mixing can cause bread to turn out tough**
- Grease the pan lightly with coconut oil and pour batter in smoothly.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until until golden brown. A good way to test is the bread is done is to stick a cake tester, wooden pick, or long fork into the center of the loaf – if it comes out clean then the bread is done, if batter comes with the pick give the bread another few minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing the loaf from the pan and allowing it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Mini Loafs: If making mini loafs, only bake them for 35 minutes.
Yield: 1 – Large loaf
Yields: 14 serving
Calories Per Serving: 166 / Total Fat: 3.6g / Protein: 2.4g / Carbs: 32g / Fiber: 1.7g / Sugar: 14.6g