Bean Sausage Patties
3 c Pinto or Black Beans (cooked)
2/3 c Textured Vegetable Protein
1/3 c Oatmeal (separated)
1/4 c Flax Seed Meal
1 tbsp Agave
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 c Liquid Aminos or Organic Soy Sauce
1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sage
1/4 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2+ tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a food processor, pulse all of the ingredients together. Only process until the beans of 2/3 of the way broken down. Depending on the water content of the beans there may be the need to add a few tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture or a few tablespoons of oat flour to thicken.
- Heat a skillet or griddle pan over medium heat.
- Foam mixture into balls and press on lightly greased skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until they become lightly browned.
- Then transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Allow to cool completely and store in the refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for up to a month.
Yields: 12-16 patties (depending on size)
Calories Per Patty: 89 / Total Fat: 1.4g / Protein: 6.3g / Carbs: 14.5g / Fiber: 4.7g / Sugar: 3g